Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Forget the Weaknesses, Use your Strengths to find Opportunities.

It's true everybody has ups and downs in their career. I had few identified weaknesses on myself with regard to the career. I wanted to discuss them with some one having more experiences in their career than me and who can guide me to overcome them.
 
Luckily I met Kosala after a long time and got a chance to discuss about the weaknesses I mentioned above. This is not actually to tell what were the problems I discussed or the solutions he gave. But to highlight something I found very important when we talk.

Me:       I feel I'm not good at these kind of things in my career, Do you have any advices to improve myself?
Kosala: Why you are thinking too much on your negative things?
Me:       When I find the solutions I can improve myself.
Kosala:  Have you ever thought about your strengths?
Me:       hmm...No.
Kosala: See... You should have so many strengths with you, but even you haven't identify them yet. If you don't want to identify your strengths, who else will? It's sure that there will be people who will point at you on the things you are not good at. See now you also have joined with them.
            Before think about your negative points, just start to identify your strengths. Thinking about negatives will put you down. So find your strengths and try to find opportunities from them.
Later you can think about the things you want to improve and then you can work on it. Otherwise you are worrying about the things you don't have while you are having lot of things to be happy. You can use them to go higher in your career.

 Yes... It's true. What is the point of worrying about the things which we don't have while we are having lot to value?

6 comments:

  1. good job! keep writing. hope you can share your experience with us, newbies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like..Like..Like.. !!!! (soo used to FB ;))
    Good point.. thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job dear... well done and keep it up...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work!!!!!!!! It's really true once you find an opportunity to match your strength, it normally doubles the capacity.... Main point is to be positive always..........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much for all your comments. They really motivate me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very good read! It's also important to keep sharpening your strengths too. Sustaining the climax in a career is the hardest part!

    /KP

    ReplyDelete